Should I Create a Nootropic Regimen, Or Just Buy A Stack?
A very important question facing people who have just been introduced to the world of nootropics is, “Should I Create a Nootropic Regimen or just Buy a Nootropic Stack?” The answer will not be the same for everyone. Each method has its own specific advantages and disadvantages. The goal of this article is to helps you weight each method so you can make the choice that is right for you. If you just want the spark notes skip down to the conclusion paragraph.
Nootropic regimens are a combination of individual nootropics that one hand chooses to best meet their own specific needs.
- You can customize nootropics to any need – The great part about a nootropic regimen is that you get to decide which nootropics are used. This allows you to target any goal that you want to meet with much more accuracy then a nootropic stack. Nootropic stacks are usually much more broadly aimed at improving general cognition. For example, a stack may only have one nootropic specifically aimed to improve memory, but if you create a regimen, you can take three or four nootropics aimed specifically at improving your memory. Creating your own regimen allows you to pursue more specific goals such as increasing your neuron growth factor, or keeping your brain from aging.
- You can fine tune the dosages to your own body – Everybody’s body is different. A dose that might work for one person may not work for the next. Creating a regimen allows you to fine tune and tweak your doses to get an effective amount, while at the same time minimizing side effects. For example, if you are taking 750mg of Aniracetam per day and aren’t getting the effects you want simply start taking more. Nootropic stacks have set amounts of each nootropic making it very hard to fine tune your dosage for any specific one.
- Can become costly – Creating a nootropic regimen can become expensive. Especially when you reach upwards of four or more nootropics. Let’s assume a bottle of one nootropic goes for $25 dollars and lasts you two months. If you have four nootropics in that regimen you are spending $50/months on that regimen. Some people even go up to as many as eight or nine nootropics in a single regimen. Now you are looking at over $100/month. Nootropic stacks, on the other hand, are generally much cheaper. Alpha brain, for example, is under $40 per bottle but includes ten different nootropics.
- Time consuming and cumbersome – Creating an effective nootropic regimen is a lot more work then picking a nootropic stack. First you have to research the nootropics you want, purchase them all individually, and fine tune all your dosages. On top of all that, you could be having to pop anywhere from three to five to ten pills every morning. It can become a time consuming commitment that some people give up fairly quickly.
Nootropic stacks are a combination of nootropics someone else constructed in a laboratory and condensed into a single pill.
- Cheap – As discussed earlier, nootropic stacks give you the benefit of more nootropics at less of a cost. A nootropic stack may cost anyone from $30 to $50 dollars a bottle while giving you benefit of ten or more nootropics. Purchasing all those nootropics separately could cost well over $250.
- Easier to research and to take – Our website has a list of the most reliable nootropic stacks we could find. We have looked into their ingredients, checked out their websites and reviewed them all. All you have to do is read our reviews, do a little research on your own and you are done. On the other hand, someone could spend days reading through all the individual nootropics we have listed in search of ones that they think would work best for them. Then they would have to purchase each nootropic separately. It can become quite a pain.
- Nootropic stacks are just easier. You wake up on the morning, eat your breakfast, brush your teeth, and pop a single pill. That’s it.
- Static, less potent dosages – Each nootropic stack has a set amount of each individual nootropic. Not only that, but many times their dosages are below the recommended amount. For example, even though Alpha Brain has 5mg of Vinpocetine which is the exact recommended dosage, it only has 100mg of GDP Choline. The recommended daily choline intake is 550mg for males and 450mg for females. This means unless you are getting a lot of choline in your diet, Alpha Brain isn’t cutting it.
- What’s worse is that you can’t up these dosages without upping the dosages of all the other nootropics in the stack. You could take two pills each morning to get a higher dosage of choline but that would mean taking in twice the recommended dosage of Vinpocetine.
- Harder to deal with unwanted side effects – There are two issues with side effects that result from nootropic stacks. You have no idea which nootropics or nootropic interactions are causing them and You can’t lower a single nootropic dosage without lowering them all.
- Not customizable – The people who created the nootropic stack as the say about which nootropics are in it. Some of them may not help you achieve your goal. Some of them may even have effects that you don’t want. It’s not up to you. Creating a regimen allows you to explore exactly which nootropics you want to use.
Which Should I Pick?
When it comes down to it, a nootropic stack is a cheaper shortcut to the nootropic regimen. You can’t customize the nootropics, the dosage, or the effect. However, it is cheap, easy to research, and easy to purchase.
Nootropic regimens, on the other hand, let you customize every single detail to get the results that you are looking for. There may even be nootropics you want to use that aren’t in any of the available nootropic stacks. That being said, you have to put in the time and research to perfect your regimen while potentially racking up a large bill.
To sum it all up in one sentence; if you have the time and the money, create your own nootropic regimen.
An Alternative: Combining nootropic stacks and nootropic regimens.
Nootropic regimens and nootropics stacks are not mutually exclusive. If you find a stack with a lot of nootropics you like then buy it. You can purchase some of the nootropics in the stack separately to try and fine tune certain dosages. You could even purchase a nootropic stack and a couple of nootropics that aren’t in it. Combining individual nootropics and a nootropic stack can be that middle ground between customization, time, and money. The possibilities are endless.